Skip to main content

Moments of Happiness

I had a dream about Shez. For those who don't know, Shez was a most beloved pet Shih Tzu of 17 years. She passed away peacefully over a year ago.

Laying in my bed, deep in dream land, there was this notion that I was laying in the exact spot however accompanied by Shez. The best cuddle buddy I have ever had. Ever. She was in her elderly stages, but still circling aimlessly on top of the blankets, just trying to find the right time to plop her little body down to rest. I loved watching her do that. Especially right when she would lay down, she would let out this little puppy sigh as if the demands of her life were so heavy that she was excited to finally be able to lay down for the fiftieth time that day.

This dream was bittersweet. I did not want to wake up, holding on to the lovely moment my mind was giving me. I miss Shez, but I know that all good things must come to an end. I am so thankful we had her for so long.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Princess Peach can GTFO

Just finished Mario Odyssey. Yes, it took me a long time. It was a challenge finding the time to play between work, planning a move to a new state next month, and caring for a terror straight out of hell commonly referred to as my son. Also, I’m just not that good in gaming anymore. Adulting sucks. If you haven’t finished playing and don’t want spoilers, then you know the drill: Quit reading this. I don’t know the last time I actually finished the storyline in a game (maybe Jet Force Gemini back in 1999?), but with Mario Odyssey I made it a goal to complete this platform, action-adventure style game since I legit have never finished a Mario game in my 31 years of life. Never. So here I am, finally completed a lifetime goal and I’m torn. First and foremost, MO is an amazing experience. This is a completionist gamer’s dream. I thought I scoured each zone for moons and found most of them, but realized I am nowhere close to collecting all the moons hidden throughout

#TBT Audio Version

Locked the door to the house this morning and walked out to my car. Had a moment of panic as I forgot I parked in front, not in my usual spot in the driveway, but I really was only half awake to fully care. As I waited for the cars to pass for safe entry in to my vehicle, I started to think about what I should listen to on the way to work. “Ahhhh, today is Thursday.” I thought to myself as I pressed the button to start the engine. Friday Eve. The weekend is so close I can almost taste, smell and feel it. The feeling of the work week ending definitely needed to have a theme song. As I departed from home on my 9 minute journey down Yakima Avenue to work, the sweet sounds of Kylie Minogue’s Love Affair started to bump through my speakers. 3 minutes and 49 seconds of pure nostalgia. Nostalgia of a more simpler time in my life.  “ Now we've only just begun, We're running out of time, I don't wanna think about the sun” It’s a funny thing how your mind can recall such lyrics. I