Skip to main content

#TBT Audio Version

Locked the door to the house this morning and walked out to my car. Had a moment of panic as I forgot I parked in front, not in my usual spot in the driveway, but I really was only half awake to fully care. As I waited for the cars to pass for safe entry in to my vehicle, I started to think about what I should listen to on the way to work. “Ahhhh, today is Thursday.” I thought to myself as I pressed the button to start the engine. Friday Eve. The weekend is so close I can almost taste, smell and feel it. The feeling of the work week ending definitely needed to have a theme song. As I departed from home on my 9 minute journey down Yakima Avenue to work, the sweet sounds of Kylie Minogue’s Love Affair started to bump through my speakers. 3 minutes and 49 seconds of pure nostalgia. Nostalgia of a more simpler time in my life. 

“Now we've only just begun, We're running out of time, I don't wanna think about the sun”

It’s a funny thing how your mind can recall such lyrics. I haven’t heard this tune in years…probably since 2005, however I knew every single word and exactly how I felt when I first heard the song. The sheer beauty of youth. Summer flings, getting lost in the music on the dance floor, flirtatious eyes, hours of uncontrollable laughter and the general nature of being carefree. Such a fun moment in time and I'm glad that this song came on to remind me of it. I wish I had a picture to show of it all but only memories remain. So this will have to suffice as my contribution to #TBT...lovely memories that bring smiles. 

Porkchop out. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cable subscription: I've gone back to bunny ears...the 2012 version.

Surprised with how much basic cable costs? Me too.  I found an alternative that works for me. Maybe you too.  Just read.  So the year was 2012 in the Ides of March (well around the 15th). Opened Google Chrome, clicked on the browser bar and stroked my keys to complete the following: www.comcast.net. Next step, Shop. Clicked the link. Eyes started to browse at bundles....major WTF moment. They want how much for only that? I apologized to the web page out loud. I had to remind myself that it wasn't it's fault. It was just posting the information it was given. So I hopped in my car, went to a Comcast location and yelled at them. Not really, just adding some drama into my story...however I still was mortified with how much the bundle cost.  I was uber ecstatic at first about cable. Moving into my own place and planning on getting all the shows for my viewing pleasure. For realsies. Monday Night Football would be an at home event come Fall!! So...

Eyeballing the Unexpected

Sometimes I get to a certain point with people where I slowly start to excuse myself from their lives which is a complete indication that I realize that I do not need them and it's best that they do not need me. Sadly, it is a common occurrence for myself as I tend to be quite selective on who I let into my world. I'm not saying that my world is spectacular or anything, but I do it in order to keep myself from feeling just like another pawn in this big game of chess. I'd like to think I'm more of a bishop since the path I take typically veers at an angle. Anyways, the funny thing about this introduction is that I'm not writing about letting someone go. I'm writing about letting someone in. Which that in itself is a very, very rare development in Porkchop's Modern Life. Pouring. The rain was similar to home. "Do you get rain like this in Washington?" he asked while adjusting the windshield wipers. "Oh yeah." I replied. It was normal. Jus...

A Quick Reflection of 2013

So it's the end of the year once again and, as with every ending, I feel compelled to reflect on certain aspects before I proceed to the new beginnings.  Whirlwind. 2013. That is what you are. The only word that pops into my head when I think about you. So much happened and it feels like it went too fast. I could not savor the moments. I could not indulge. All I could do was realize how much time I don't have and the fact I can't make more of it. Reminds me of something I wrote earlier this year:  Time is a universal currency and is the one thing in the world that everyone has. Some have more, some have less but the way each individual decides to spend their share of time is what sets us apart. Schedules, itineraries, timelines, they all keep us on track but it’s what is on those schedules, itineraries and timelines that show how we, individually, decide to spend our time. Our personal choices with time are truly what makes us each our own person.  I myself woul...