Skip to main content

Untitled


Something I wrote in my journal in 2005: 

I can’t help but wonder in this time of need that if I were forced under, would I even bleed? If I wanted to change you, would I risk to try? But if I wanted to be you, would I risk to lie? There’s not much I can say or do to make you see, but there’s plenty I can do to make flee: I can take a beautiful rose and make it whither or take a harmless snake and make it slither. I’ll make silent rain into shards of ice or make a town engulfed with vice. Tell a child to do a dirty deed or walk away from a friend in need. Don’t you see the game I play? By persuasion I can get what I say. Don’t be deceived from what is true. My real emotions are shown in blue. I have many thoughts that run within my head. Most are blissfully alive then found drained dead. My facts prove one thing, they can be proven wrong. The answers lie in my choir as it sings a dreadfully, un-tuned, glorious song. Love from me is something hard to come across, whereas hurting me will end in a painful loss. I give myself to whom is right. For him, vibrant I’ll be in the moon of night. Only he can push my darkness away. Enclosed in his hands, my heart hopes to stay. One hand upon my eyes, I shut them so dear and visualize my dreams of things I fear. Letting go of the usual and stepping towards new ground, I find that the true me is still yet to be found. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Moments of Happiness

I had a dream about Shez. For those who don't know, Shez was a most beloved pet Shih Tzu of 17 years. She passed away peacefully over a year ago. Laying in my bed, deep in dream land, there was this notion that I was laying in the exact spot however accompanied by Shez. The best cuddle buddy I have ever had. Ever. She was in her elderly stages, but still circling aimlessly on top of the blankets, just trying to find the right time to plop her little body down to rest. I loved watching her do that. Especially right when she would lay down, she would let out this little puppy sigh as if the demands of her life were so heavy that she was excited to finally be able to lay down for the fiftieth time that day. This dream was bittersweet. I did not want to wake up, holding on to the lovely moment my mind was giving me. I miss Shez, but I know that all good things must come to an end. I am so thankful we had her for so long.

Cable subscription: I've gone back to bunny ears...the 2012 version.

Surprised with how much basic cable costs? Me too.  I found an alternative that works for me. Maybe you too.  Just read.  So the year was 2012 in the Ides of March (well around the 15th). Opened Google Chrome, clicked on the browser bar and stroked my keys to complete the following: www.comcast.net. Next step, Shop. Clicked the link. Eyes started to browse at bundles....major WTF moment. They want how much for only that? I apologized to the web page out loud. I had to remind myself that it wasn't it's fault. It was just posting the information it was given. So I hopped in my car, went to a Comcast location and yelled at them. Not really, just adding some drama into my story...however I still was mortified with how much the bundle cost.  I was uber ecstatic at first about cable. Moving into my own place and planning on getting all the shows for my viewing pleasure. For realsies. Monday Night Football would be an at home event come Fall!! So I started researching prices e

#TBT Audio Version

Locked the door to the house this morning and walked out to my car. Had a moment of panic as I forgot I parked in front, not in my usual spot in the driveway, but I really was only half awake to fully care. As I waited for the cars to pass for safe entry in to my vehicle, I started to think about what I should listen to on the way to work. “Ahhhh, today is Thursday.” I thought to myself as I pressed the button to start the engine. Friday Eve. The weekend is so close I can almost taste, smell and feel it. The feeling of the work week ending definitely needed to have a theme song. As I departed from home on my 9 minute journey down Yakima Avenue to work, the sweet sounds of Kylie Minogue’s Love Affair started to bump through my speakers. 3 minutes and 49 seconds of pure nostalgia. Nostalgia of a more simpler time in my life.  “ Now we've only just begun, We're running out of time, I don't wanna think about the sun” It’s a funny thing how your mind can recall such lyrics. I